I thought to myself, at 7 this morning, after seeing this picture attached to the news on vogue.com and now on ozinparis.com. According to it, the First Lady of Argentina (Juliana Awada) and the Queen of Spain (Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano) show how stylish diplomacy is done. Which only makes us crave a perfect croissant now. What? You have to see for yourself and find out.
We’re getting to the news, too, for I haven’t heard of anything truer in fashion, lately.
For now, we’re gonna stick to the perfection of the picture. Earlier today, post some stretching in bed, meditating and reading the messages of my artsy friends overnight, I couldn’t help myself and not go through the news feed. It is what it is and I didn’t see this coming: a picture so perfect it looks like from up above, from one of these newly found by N.A.S.A. planets: the star system with SEVEN Earth-like planets – three of which could support alien life just 39 light years away. The ladies in pink have just visited it and immediately landed back. The Royal Palace in Madrid is cooler because, hey, here:
– the light is perfect;
– the air is foggy enough to bring some romance to the landscape;
– the temperature is just right to wear clothes that don’t just look impeccable, but also fit perfectly on the diaphanous silhouettes which are accompanied by smiles à la Audrey Hepburn back on Earth;
– the hair is done by itself from sunrise;
– the ankles are perfect;
– proportions also;
– the buildings have columns and are imposing enough to make you both feel safe and are amazed by the majesty;
– diplomacy is “as if from another planet”;
– the style of the ladies in politics is appreciated more than street style;
– the streets are clean and empty enough so that you could not only walk like Audrey does in Breakfast at Tiffany’s, but also walk just for the sake of walking. It makes sense, right? Just like Audrey used to walk – carrying a croissant – every morning to the window of the jewellery shop. A lot of sense.
It’s very possible that I’d gone with the thoughts too far, but we were talking about some new found planets here anyway, hello! And spring is just around the corner. Spring’s here! Spring throughout the entire Universe, imagine! Gravity, too? Or is it just the ladies in pink who have superpowers? And a batmobile! C’est possible…
I bet the ladies in the picture crave some perfect croissants now, too! They just heard about Audrey. What are you craving?