The time it takes for the elevator to bring me from home down to the ground level is, luckily, the time it takes me to decide on the clothes I am about to wear for the day.
And luck is not something that just happens, I believe. It’s the preparation that meets the opportunity and then, boom, we’re dressed. We create our own luck. Clothes certainly like metaphors, because clothes are not ever just clothes. They, actually, if you think about it, have a small part in our lives since clothes are the ones to hug us the most in life. Their part becomes huge all of a sudden.
I wouldn’t trade the hug of someone I adore for clothes, yet I must be wearing something! You must, too. So, why not wear something we really enjoy wearing? And hugging back. It might be the simplest white t-shirt for you today or the dotted shirt for me on the day I left for Electric Castle.
1. The shirt was the starting point. I picked it when I bought it, 8 years or something ago, on a trip to China, from a local market, for its fabric (light cotton that wrinkles in the softest kind of way), cut, colours and pattern, obviously. Basically, it’s the perfect shirt to me.
2. I then decided on the Pretty Straight Forward shorts. When I made these shorts for myself three years ago – they are in the shop as we speak – I thought of the many ways I have always wanted to wear a pair of shorts and of the possibility of transforming them into yet another piece of clothing I would be wearing for years. In heels or flats. To an event, a party, to the seaside or a music festival. They also wrinkle beautifully alongside the body. While hugging the body, hello.
3. I bumped into the disco sandals in the Zara Kids section while looking for cool stuff for my nieces. Oh well… Let’s not take that disco word for granted. Ever.
5. The leather blue bag is also from the trip to China 8 years ago. Also from a local market. Its electric blue colour always brings joy to my sight. Its shape fits wonderfully to a lot of combos – it’s not too big or too small and its cut is classic. Classy even.
6. Got my Ray-Bans on and I’m feelin’ hella cool toniiiight, yeaaah! is a lyric from Rihanna’s Cheers (Drink To That) below.
I am so curious what is your thing you have been wearing for years and makes you feelin’ hella cool toniiiight, yeaaaah... What, what, whaaaat?