The time it takes for the elevator to bring me from home down to the ground level is also, luckily, the time it takes me to decide on the clothes I am about to wear for the day.
And, I believe, luck is not just something that happens. It’s the preparation that meets the opportunity and then, boom, we’re dressed. We create our own luck. Clothes certainly like metaphors, because clothes are not ever just clothes. They, actually, if you think about it, have a small part in our lives since clothes are the ones that hug us the most in life. Their part becomes huge all of a sudden.
I wouldn’t trade the hug of someone I adore for clothes, yet I must be wearing something! You must, too. So, why not wear something we really enjoy wearing? Hugging back. It might be the simplest white t-shirt for you, today, or the dotted shirt for me, on the day I left for Electric Castle.
1. The shirt was the starting point. I picked it when I bought it, eight years or something ago, on a trip to China, from a local market, for its fabric (light cotton that wrinkles in the softest kind of way), cut, colours and pattern, obviously. Basically, it’s the perfect shirt to me.
2. I, then, decided on the Pretty Straight Forward shorts. When I made these shorts for myself, three years ago, I thought of the many ways I’d, always, wanted to wear a pair of shorts in and of the possibility of transforming them into, yet, another piece of clothing I’d be wearing for years. In heels or flats. To an event, a party, to the seaside or a music festival. They, too, wrinkle beautifully alongside the body. They, too, hug the body, hello.
3. I bumped into the disco sandals in the Zara Kids section while looking for cool stuff for my nieces. Oh well… Let’s not take that disco word for granted. Ever.
5. The leather blue bag is also from the trip to China, eight years ago. Also from a local market. Its electric blue colour always brings joy to my sight. Its shape fits, wonderfully, a lot of combos. It’s not too big, too small and its cut is classic. Classy even.
6. Got my Ray-Bans on and I’m feelin’ hella cool toniiiight, yeaaah! is a lyric from Rihanna’s Cheers (Drink To That) below.
I’m so curious to know what’s the thing you’ve been wearing for years that makes you feelin’ hella cool toniiiight, yeaaaah... What, what, whaaaat?